Matrix is currently looking for a VP Regional Sales, Atlantic Canada. Reporting to the Senior VP, National Sales and Marketing, you possess exceptional sales ability; you are a quick and creative thinker who can generate solutions to drive sales from the bottom up and top down.
- Building long term sustainable relationships with key IA’s in region
- Proactively identify new business opportunities in the region through IA channels, brokers and planners
- Build on and maintain existing relationships with key Matrix clients
- Develop and communicate plans to drive sales and exceed sales targets
- Partner with Inside Sales Representatives to manage the territory, client relationships and generate sales
- Provide exemplary customer service to all clients
- Provide ongoing feedback on new product ideas, marketing ideas, prospecting ideas, competitive intelligence to SVP Sales and Marketing as well as colleagues
- Minimum of 7-10 years sales experience within the financial sector
- Display in-depth product knowledge of investment funds, ETFs, Flow Throughs, Closed End Funds, and Venture Capital (RVC)
- Proven relationship building skills to develop and cultivate current and new customer base
- Successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course
- Successfully completed an undergraduate university degree in a related discipline and or combination of education and related work experience.
- Willing to travel extensively to ensure the success of the strategic regional sales plan
- Highly motivated self-starter with the proven ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working as a business leader
- Ability to represent the Company externally and develop/maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Proven proficiency with desktop software products (Microsoft Office suite)
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a multi-faceted, high paced business with offices across Canada
- Forward thinking, understands the big picture and can translate these concepts to the region
- Experience working in a high-growth, dynamic environment; possess a “can-do” attitude
Matrix Asset Management promotes equal opportunity employment. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.